1043 User Ratings
971 User Ratings
456 User Ratings
443 User Ratings
431 User Ratings
What is a VPN?
The term VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. When you access the internet using any device, you connect to the internet through an Internet Protocol address (IP). The IP you connect with is the IP assigned to your network by your service provider. This IP is directly linked to you through your service provider and all your internet browsing and usage is tied to this IP. When you use a VPN, your internet traffic is being forwarded through a different IP virtually. Your real IP and identity are masked and you become anonymous and unidentifiable.
What should you know about using a VPN?
In today’s world, the internet has become an essential part of life for the vast majority of individuals. As technology evolves and we gain access to new convenient innovations, our online presence becomes more and more important to protect. Most people are not aware of how exposed there information is and as we continue to move forward in this online world, it is important to be aware of how to protect yourself. A VPN is the perfect solution to ensure your safety when connected to the internet. When you are connected to a VPN your internet traffic is routed through a different IP address so that your actual IP information is shielded. This is hands down the best way to ensure no-one will be able to capture your personal information or your location information.
What benefits are there for using a VPN?
- Security. Using a VPN will provide you with a deep layer of security to protect your information. Your data will be encrypted which means nobody will be able to see it or hack it. If you conduct personal business such as banking online this would be extremely important to make sure your transaction information stays as safe as possible. If you are a business, then your online activities need to be protected that much more. Ensuring you have an encrypted and protected connection would be essential to make sure sensitive data remains hidden.
- Bypass Content Locks. Streaming services such as Netflix, Disney+ and Prime have different movies and shows depending on which country you are in. With a VPN you can easily access movies and tv shows from any country.
- Privacy. Browsing with a VPN hides your IP and location and masks it with one of the Virtual IPs. Once connected your browsing is completely anonymous and private.
- Better Performance. Speed and performance of VPNs has improved drastically over the years through new innovations. Now using a VPN can often improved your connection speed and performance, allowing you an even better connection to use.
- Remote Access. Once you’ve set up a VPN, you can easily connect to your home or work network remotely. From any where with an internet connection you can connect securely and access whatever you want from your network.
- File Sharing. Anyone who is a member of your network can download files from it. This is particularly useful for businesses who want to be able to easily share work and documents.
How do we rate VPNs?
In order to find the best VPN services, we do a full breakdown of the service. Many factors come into play to decide where a VPNs strengths and weaknesses lie. We test and review important factors such as the encryption used, network speeds, the companies privacy and log policies, ability to unblock websites/content and overall value for money. It is our goal to ensure we have a truly refined list of the best VPNs for whatever your use case might be.
What about a free VPN?
Free vpns can offer you a certain level of security and anonymity while you are browsing online. The problem is everything comes at a cost and the cost associated with operating a network large enough to provide VPN usage to tons of people gets to be fairly large. The only way a free VPN can afford to do this is by selling data to advertisers and other buyers. Big data is becoming a hugely monetized commodity this day and age, and because of this you need to be weary of sites that offer free vpns to use.
Are VPNs legal to use?
Yes, VPNs are 100% legal to use in the majority of countries in the world. You have the right to secure and protect your identity to the online world. While some individuals may use VPNs to mask illegal activity online, the vast majority of people using a VPN are doing so for online privacy reasons and to protect themselves.